Introduction to ANSYS Meshing (Local Mesh Controls)
- This workshop will demonstrate the practical application of ANSYS Meshing to a mixing tank model. Access to DesignModeler is required.
- Starting ANSYS Meshing
- Generating a mesh
- Decomposing for Sweep Meshing
- Local Sizing
- Using Advanced Size Functions
- Using Inflation
- Named Selections
- This geometry contains two single body parts, an inner body containing the rotating impeller and, a stationary outer body. This will result in a non-conformal interface which will allow the impeller to rotate in the simulation.
- The impeller body is complex and so the Tetrahedrons Method combined with Advanced Size Functions to capture curvature would be a good candidate.
- Inflation will also be used on the impeller surfaces to capture boundary layer gradients.
- The same method could be applied to the outer body for simplicity. However, some simple slicing operations in DesignModeler will allow more efficient sweep methods to be applied.
- Rotating/moving parts can be solved using sliding meshes utilising non-conformal interfaces as demonstrated here or, for rotating parts, by an alternative method utilising rotating reference frames.
- The latter method does not need a non-conformal interface though it does still require the rotational zone to be contained within its own body. In this case the methods of geometry construction and meshing are the same with the exception that the rotating zone would be included in the multibody part along with all other bodies and a conformal mesh produced.
- Both methods have respective advantages. More information on solving such cases is covered in the solver training courses.
Mr CFD Company services
Due to the wide range of mechanical science and the different fields of work as well as the abundance of projects, this company offers to view all the products presented in this section. In the absence of any desired project or project close to your request, you can search our portfolios in order to find your eligible project, after all, if you didn’t find any ideal project you can order your project from the services pages on the header of this website. Your order will be reviewed by our experts in the shortest possible time, and if we need more information about the proposed project, we will be in touch with you. After completing the required information to examine the proposed project, and confirming your request, the time, conditions and costs will be sent to you during the contract. This process will take place as soon as possible. If you have any questions, you can contact our online support section (the fixed blue tab below the page). If it is offline, don’t worry, you can post your message, and it will be answered as soon as possible.