Introduction to ANSYS Meshing (Global Mesh Controls)
This workshop will demonstrate the use of global controls for mesh sizing and inflation. This workshop will use a CAD file imported directly into the Meshing Application.
- Starting ANSYS Meshing
- Generating a mesh
- Using Advanced Size Functions
- This CAD file contains a single body streamlined main landing gear geometry.
– Symmetry is assumed.
- The arrangement of the geometry and presence of complex curved surfaces would make decomposition into hex sweepable volumes impractical.
- The Tetrahedrons Method combined with Advanced Size Functions to capture curvature would be a good candidate for this application.
- Since the CAD is of a good quality the Patch Conforming Algorithm will be used.
- Inflation will be used as the mesh is intended for an external aerodynamic analysis where boundary layer resolution will be required.
View Mesh Interior
- The mesh is now ready to be transferred to the solver.
- This completes the workshop.
- Note that for training purposes the bounding box for this geometry is relatively small. In reality, particularly for aerodynamic simulations, the boundaries (inlet, outlet & side-walls) would be further away as dictated, for example, by wind tunnel dimensions.
Mr CFD Company services
Due to the wide range of mechanical science and the different fields of work as well as the abundance of projects, this company offers to view all the products presented in this section. In the absence of any desired project or project close to your request, you can search our portfolios in order to find your eligible project, after all, if you didn’t find any ideal project you can order your project from the services pages on the header of this website. Your order will be reviewed by our experts in the shortest possible time, and if we need more information about the proposed project, we will be in touch with you. After completing the required information to examine the proposed project, and confirming your request, the time, conditions and costs will be sent to you during the contract. This process will take place as soon as possible. If you have any questions, you can contact our online support section (the fixed blue tab below the page). If it is offline, don’t worry, you can post your message, and it will be answered as soon as possible.