Fluid-Structure Interaction over HAWT Turbine Vibration
$450.00 Student Discount
- The problem numerically simulates the Fluid-Structure Interaction over HAWT Turbine using ANSYS Fluent software.
- We design the 3-D model by the Design Modeler software.
- Mesh grid is generated using ANSYS Meshing , and the element number equals 3,465,821.
- The Mesh Motion method is used to rotate the turbine.
- FSI model analyses total strain, and stress over the turbine.
In this project, we aim to analyze a Fluid-structure interaction over a HAWT turbine. In this simulation a flow with the speed of 25 m/s heats the turbine, and the turbine itself rotates with 12 RPM. The FSI process was in one-way which we analyzed a fluid effect on the structure.
The total deformation was around 0.2 m at the tip of the blades. Also, the bending stress and strain have been analyzed too.
The geometry is designed in ANSYS Design Modeler software.
In addition, an unstructured mesh grid is generated using ANSYS Meshing software. As a result, 3,465,821 cells were generated.
Methodology: Fluid-Structure Interaction over HAWT Turbine
Mesh Motion and FSI have been used to simulate HAWT turbine motion. the velocity is 25 m/s and the operating pressure is 101235 pa. The RPM was set to 12 and the hub has been a simple joint.
The fluid is simulated in fluent and structure section modeled in ANSYS Structure.
As the results obtain the pressure and speed in the domain and the structure section we obtained total deformation, strain, and stress over the turbine.